Every moment of care is life changing.
Moments of caring: That is what every team member contributes through every action, every day, at Roper St. Francis. Whether we serve patients directly or support our caregivers, we have so much to be proud of. The communities beyond and inside our walls mean everything to us. And we are rewarded in kind. Lowcountry families have made us their preferred healthcare provider. As the area's only not-for-profit health system, we put purpose and outreach above all else. And our patients-first focus has earned us numerous honors, including Magnet® distinction, the nation's highest recognition of nursing excellence.
Make each moment count in the following role.
RN Wound Care
Salaried full-time | Charleston, S.C.
Make a significant, positive impact on the lives of others. In this role you will be authorized, responsible and accountable for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of wound, ostomy, and continence (wound or skin/wound care for CWCN).
- Function primarily as a consultant, and provide direct patient care and education to selected patients.
- Provide staff development in areas of expertise, and maintain records and statistics reflecting role performance.
- Participate in agency and system-wide committees and projects as indicated.
- Maintain policies, procedures and protocols for all aspects of wound and ostomy care.
Contact us if you meet these requirements.
- At least 2 years of recent clinical experience; one year experience in Home Health preferred.
- Current license as RN in state of South Carolina (or current compact/multi-state license as RN in recognized NCSBN Compact State and not a permanent resident of S.C.).
- Board Certification in Wound, Ostomy Continence Nursing (WOCN) or Wound Nurse Certification (WCN) or able to obtain within 6 months of employment or completion of Wound and/or Ostomy school.
- Graduate of accredited school or college of nursing.
- Graduate from accredited wound, ostomy, continence or wound care nursing program (or currently enrolled with expected completion and certification within 6 months of hire).
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider Card.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Expertise in program development (policies/procedures and marketing), adult learning process and teaching principles.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice, to give and evaluate patient care.
- Proficiency in maintaining quality control standards, analyzing situations and applying critical thinking.
- Ability to keep wound care knowledge current and to maintain requirements for board certification.
- Valid S.C. driver's license, with a good driving record.
- BSN preferred (required within 5 years of hire date), both for new and transfer hires.
We are vibrant and growing.
With more than 5,200 caring teammates and 800 physicians, Roper St. Francis is one of the largest employers in this seven-county region. Dedicated teammates who know that what we do matters in making every moment of care happen across our 90 facilities.
Apply and learn more at rsfh.com/careers
Healing all people with compassion, faith and excellence
Roper Hospital | Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital | Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital